Sunday, February 26, 2012

Vegetable Lasagna

Hi Everyone!

Since Brianna has become a vegetarian, I am always thinking of vegetarian friendly dished for her that are fresh and nutritious.  Believe me, this has been a real challenge because she doesn't like too many vegetables.  With that said, I thought that I would make her lasagna with vegetables that she actually likes.  Well, she absolutely loved this and ate 3 pieces for dinner.  If you are trying to cut back on your meat, but love lasagna, then this is a nice alternative.

You will need the following:

* Ronzoni Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
* Your favorite Tomato Sauce
* Mozzarella Cheese
* Ricotta Cheese
* 1 Egg
* Parsley
* Fresh Spinach
* Zucchini

Preheat your oven to 350 degree.

Grease your favorite dish. Place a layer of noodles in the dish. These noodles save soooooo much time. I just can't tell you!

Wash and chop up your favorite veggies.  I used spinach and zucchini.

I prefer Prego which is very flavorful. I let the sauce simmer on low heat first. I like to add a little sugar to my sauce to take away any tartness.

In a separate bowl, mix the Ricotta Cheese and 1 egg. Toss in a little parsley and mix into the cheese.

Spoon the sauce on the noodles. Add a layer of veggies.  Now spoon in your Ricotta Cheese. I like to place 4 spoonfuls on top and 4 spoonfuls on the bottom.

Sprinkle the Mozzarella Cheese on the layer.

Now, repeat the same order for every layer.

Place in the oven covered with foil and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until golden brown.

Remove from the oven and let stand for 15-20 minutes before serving.

Delicious!  Enjoy!  Check out my recipe for Garlic Bread to serve with your lasagna!


                                                          

                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment