Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fried Collard Greens

Hi Everyone!

Today's dish is Fried Collard Greens.  My new favorite vegetable dish is Fried Cabbage.  Since I love the Fried Cabbage, I thought that I would try making Fried Collard Greens.

I used the following:

* Collard Greens
* Onion
* Bacon
* Salt
* Pepper
* Onion

Fry 3-4 strips of bacon in a large skillet along with a sliced onion.

Saute until almost cooked.

While your bacon is cooking, wash and slice the greens.

Add the greens to the skillet and saute'.

Pour in alittle oil to moisten the skillet as need and continue to saute'.

Continue to saute until it is cooked to your satisfaction. You can cook the greens until they turn dark green. Cook it is less if you like your greens crisp.

Serve with your favorite dish and enjoy!

                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment