Saturday, January 7, 2012

Slap Yo Mama Triple Decker Apple Pear Cobbler

Hi Everyone!

Today's featured dish is the Slap Yo Mama Triple Decker Apple Pear Cobbler.  Now I admit, I am not the best baker.  Most of the time my desserts come from a box or the bakery.  I saw the Neely's make this dessert and my mouth watered.  I followed their recipe, but I triple deckered mine.  So without further adieu, I want to share this with you.

You will need the following:

      ·         Butter or nonstick spray, for baking dish
      ·         1 1/2 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
      ·         1 1/2 cups peeled, cored and sliced pears
      ·         3/4 cup brown sugar
      ·         2 tablespoons flour
      ·         1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      ·         1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
      ·         1/4 teaspoon table salt
      ·         4 tablespoons unsalted butter,softened

Topping:
  •    1 cup self-rising flour
  •    1 cup sugar
  •    1/4 teaspoon salt
  •    2 eggs, beaten
  •    4 tablespoons softened butter

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter or spray a 9 by 9-inch baking dish.       
Toss the apples, pears, sugar, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and 2 tablespoons of the butter together
in a large bowl. 
Mix the topping in a separate bowl using the above ingredients.
Spoon a layer of the fruit mixture to the baking dish.  Then, pour the topping mixture over the
fruit  mixture. 
Place several pats of butter on the layer.  Repeat this step twice more.
Bake until the crust is golden and the fruit is tender the cobbler for 40 to 45 minutes.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.
Enjoy!!!!!

                                                   

2 comments:

  1. Deborah Hill says on Facebook, "It was great. I forgot mine take home!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine says on Facebook, "You make my mouth water will some of the things you make...That lucky Philip !!"

    ReplyDelete