Monday, January 2, 2012

Spaghetti & Meatballs with Sausage

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year again!

After all the cooking that I did over the holidays, I wanted to make something simple today.  I'm working late tomorrow night at my full time gig, so I wanted to make something that we could have as leftovers.   Well, that dish is Spaghetti & Meatballs with Sausage.  Brianna has been a vegetarian now for several months.   I am not thrilled about it since it has presented some challenges in my meal planning.  Brianna loves this meal so, dinner was easy tonight.

You will need the following:

* Your favorite tomato sauce (I use Prego)
* Ground Beef
* Italian Sausage
* Your favorite pasta (I prefer angel hair or vermicelli)
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup Stove Top Stuffing
* Ketchup

Brown the sausage in a large skillet or in the broiler.

While the sausage is cooking, I prepare my meatballs.  In a large mixing bowl, I add the ground beef, eggs, stuffing and ketchup.  Mix together thoroughly.  Roll the meatballs and brown them in a large skillet. 

Now is a good time to boil the water for your pasta.  You'll also want to prepare your sauce in a large pot. 

Once the meatballs and sausage are done, drain them on a paper towel before adding to the sauce.

Once drained, add the meatballs and sausage to the sauce.  Allow to simmer.

I like to also add chopped celery, onions and mushrooms to my sauce as well.

I also add a couple of tablespoons of sugar to remove any acidic flavor.

Drain your pasta.  Top the pasta with your sauce and serve!  Add a little Parmesan cheese for added flavor!

Enjoy!


                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment