Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Nessi's Scrumptious Squash

Hi Everyone!

Today's dish is my mother's recipe for Nessi's Scrumptious Squash.  My mother has Alzheimer's and obviously does not cook any longer.  However, I remember the great dishes that she used to make.  When I was growing up, I rarely sat in the kitchen and watched my mother cook because I liked to be outside with my friends.  But, this is one of her dishes that she made that was quick, easy and delicious.

You will need the following:

* Yellow Squash
* Onions
* 3 Bacon Slices
* Your favorite seasonings
* Canola or Olive Oil

Cut the raw bacon up and fry them until light brown.

While the bacon is cooking, wash and slice your squash and onions.

Add the squash to the pan and sautee'.

Add about a 1/4 cup of water if your pan gets dry along with alittle oil.

Cook the squash until your desired tenderness.

Season to taste.  I seasoned my squash with Morton's Nature's Seasoning, Mrs. Dash and pepper.

Serve with your entree' and enjoy!

                                                             

                                                     
                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment