Sunday, December 11, 2011

Roasted Chicken Rice Vegetable Soup

Hi Everyone! 

The other day I went food shopping and Phillip asked that I pick up some Chicken and Rice soup.  I asked him, "Why buy Campbell's, when you have A's Home Cooking?"  So today's recipe is for Roasted Chicken Rice Vegetable Soup! 

You will need the following:

* Large can of Chicken Broth
* Noodles
* Chicken Breast
* Carrots
* Onions
* Celery
* Mushrooms
* Green Beans
* White or wild rice

Broil or saute your seasoned chicken until done. I made a roast chicken, so I sIiced off some breast meat.  I like to season my chicken with McCormick's Montreal Seasoning, Morton's Nature's Seasoning and pepper.

Cut the chicken up and put it aside for now.

Pour the chicken broth into a large pot and bring to a boil.

Make a pot of rice.  I used approximately 1 cup.

Add chopped carrots, onions and celery.

Wait about 5 minutes and add the green beans.

Toss in the mushrooms as well. 

Stir occassionally.

Gradually add the rice.  I rinsed my rice so that the broth wouldn't thicken from the starch.

Continue to stir.

Now add the chicken in large chunks and stir to distribute the chicken.

Allow your ingredients to simmer on low heat until the veggies are tender.

Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.

                                                              

                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment