Saturday, October 22, 2011

Not Your Average Hamburger

Hi Everyone!

Today's recipe can't get any easier.....Hamburgers!  I'm not talking about your average hamburger that you ate as a child with Wonderbread, or in my case Pepperpridge Farm that got all mushy.  I'm talking about a burger with your favorite seasonings on a good, soft roll.  I can't stand going to a restaurant for burger, the burger is good, but it's served on a stale roll.  Ugggghhhh!!!!!  I'm sure everyone has experienced this.  I see "RED" when this happens!  In my opinion, a fresh roll can make or break your burger.  So this is what I do!

I use the following:

* 80% Ground Chuck Beef
* Fresh Sesame Seed or Brioche Rolls

I find that using 80% Ground Chuck is more moist and your burger won't be dry after grilling, broiling or pan frying it. 

I like to start by rinsing off my meat.  Place the meat into a large mixing bowl.

Form large, thick patties and then season them with your favorite seasonings on the outside. I'm a simple girl, I just like salt and pepper, but Phillip on the other hand likes Mrs. Dash, Morton's Nature's Seasoning and McCormick's Spicy Steak Seasoning.

Throw these babies on a hot grill, broiler or pan and cook to your satisfaction.  I like my burger to be pink inside because it has sooo much flavor.  Most of my friends shutter when I tell them this.  I make sure that I cook my kids burgers medium well.  Top with your favorite cheese if you like.  I love Swiss cheese and Phillip prefers cheddar.  However you like your burger, please make sure that it is cooked thoroughly, or you can get very sick.

While my burger is cooking, I like to add a few dashes on Worcestershire Sauce.  This is so good!

Now is a good time to prepare bacon, mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, onions or whatever you like on your burger.

Remove your burgers and place them on a plate.  Toast your buns and place your burgers on them along with your favorite toppings.  I love to top mine with Honey Hickory BBQ Sauce and let it drip down the sides!  Delicious!

Serve with golden fries and enjoy!  This is a good meal to make during the week when the kids have to get to their extra curricular activities.

Enjoy!

                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment