Thursday, September 1, 2011

Smothered Pork Chops

Hello Everyone!


Today's meal is Smothered Pork Chops.  By now you can probably see that I love to smother and sauce my food like crazy.  I wish I didn't, but I do.  I am a true foodie.  My family hates pork chops, but I love them....broiled, fried, baked, etc.  I have not had Smothered Pork Chops in eons, so I decided to make a couple.  So here we go!  Smothering Pork Chops is pretty much the same as preparing Smothered Chicken.

You will need the following:

* Pork Chops
* Flour or Bread Crumbs
* Chicken Broth

Heat your favorite pan with oil.

Clean and season your pork chops. I like to use Morton's Nature's Seasoning, McCormick's Montreal Chicken Seasoning and Pepper, but you can use your favorite seasonings. I rub the seasoning in as well.

Depending on your taste, flour or bread each piece of pork chop. Lately, I've been 4C Breading.

When your grease is good and hot, add your pork chop to the pan.

Cook each side until it is golden brown on each side. 

When your pork chops are ready to be removed, place each piece in a bowl or platter covered with paper towels to drain the excess grease.

The Gravy!


* Chicken Broth
* Flour
* Water

Rather than use plain water, I like to mix chicken broth and flour in a mixing cup until smooth.

Drain the oil from the pan, but leave the crispy drippings.

On a low flame, mix in the chicken broth and flour mixture gradually. Whisk the drippings as you are adding the mixture.

Your drippings may clump, so gradually stir in water as you are whisking. Keep doing this until your gravy is smooth.

Season your gravy to taste.

Now add your pork chops back into the gravy and simmer on low heat until your chops are saturated with the gravy.

Serve with your favorite sides and wow your family!

Enjoy!

                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment