Friday, September 2, 2011

Fried Rice

Hello Everyone!

Tonight's recipe is for Fried Rice. We made one of our favorite Friday night dishes tonight....Shrimp, Steak, Chicken and Scallop Shish Kabobs.  Well, I wanted to have a different side dish that I have not prepared in a long time.....Fried Rice.  Fried Rice is one of those dishes that has no rules.  You can add whatever you like and have a great side.  One day I was at a Hibachi restaurant, and I watched the chef closely as he prepared the rice.  I said to myself, "I can do that" sans the flipping of the knives.  So one day, I set out to make it.

You will need the following:

* White Rice
* Onions
* Bean Sprouts
* Egg
* Mushrooms 
* Soy Sauce
* Butter
* Oil

Boil the rice.  Once it is done, put it in a bowl in the refrigerator to cool off. 

Fry the egg in a pan and chop it up.  Put the egg aside for now.

Chop up your vegetables and put them to the side as well.

Spray or grease your skillet with oil.  Add about 2-3 scoops of butter and allow it to melt.

Toss in your onions and saute it in the pan.  Do the same with your mushrooms or any other veggies that you choose to add. 

Spoon the rice and egg into the pan and continue to stir the rice combining your ingredients thoroughly.

Add your soy sauce and any other seasonings to taste.  Continue to stir.

I had some leftover shrimp that I also tossed in the rice for flavor, but feel free to add whatever meat that you like.

Serve and prepare to wow your family and friends!

Enjoy!

                                                                     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment