Sunday, September 4, 2011

Empanadas

Hi Everyone!

Last night, we weren't very hungry for a big meal.  PJ and I ate at the amusement park. Phillip and Brianna had a big lunch at Chili's with my father-in-law.  Lately,  I have wanted to make Empanadas.  I saw the Neely's and Paula Deen prepare these on their respective shows, and they just looked delicious.  I always seem to watch these shows when I'm hungry.  Anyway, I gave them a shot last night.  They were scrumptious!   Empanadas are a great finger food for a party or appetizers.  You can probably get creative as well adding your favorites ingredients.  I plan on trying several variations of them using my favorites, shrimp and crab.  Brianna is now a vegetarian, so I did a couple with Spinach.  So....here we go!

You will need the following ingredients:

* Ready Made Pie Crust
* Chicken
* Cheddar Cheese
* Monterey Jack Cheese
* Cream Cheese
* Onions
* Jalapeno Peppers (I omitted this from my recipe since I don't care for peppers.)
* Egg

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Grease a pan for baking.

Season and cook the chicken or whatever meat you choose to use.  Once done, chop up the chicken.

Saute' your chopped onion and peppers in butter and then add it to the chicken.

Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese and monterey jack cheese.

Thoroughly combine your ingredients.

On a cutting board, flour the surface and roll out your dough.

Using a round cookie cutter or a glass, cut out circles and place them on the baking sheet.

Scooping a heaping teaspoon onto the middle of the circles and fold over.

Once done, take a fork and press on the edges.

Beat an egg and brush onto the Empanadas.  This will give them a golden brown, shiny coating.

Place them in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Phillip likes his food big.  So he made his own large Empanada. 

Remove and serve!

Enjoy!

                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment