Monday, September 5, 2011

Shrimp Burgers

Happy Labor Day Everyone!

In honor of the holiday, I thought that I would make something today befitting of Labor Day.  Today's recipe is for Shrimp Burgers.  I saw this dish made on Big Daddy's House, and it looked absolutely delicious.  I did not follow his recipe to the letter because I had my own ideas that I wanted to apply.  So without further adieu......let's rattle some pots and pans!

You will need the following:

* Fresh Large Shrimp
* Panko Bread Crumbs
* Onion
* Oil Olive
* Canola Oil
* Egg
* Morton's Nature's Seasoning
* Pepper
* Parsley

Divide your shrimp evenly into 2 bowls.  In one bowl, chop up the shrimp.  The shrimp in the other bowl should be pureed in a blender or food processor.

In a separate bowl, beat 1-2 eggs (depending on how many burgers you plan on making) in a mixing bowl. Add about 1/4 of an onion to the same bowl as well as a cup of the Panko Bread Crumbs.   Stir in a little olive oil to moisten the mixture.

Sprinkle your seasonings and parsley.  Combine the ingredients thoroughly.

Now add both the chopped and pureed shrimp into the mixing bowl with the other ingredients.  Combine thoroughly as well.

Form your burgers on a sheet and prepare the canola oil in a pan.

Once your oil is hot enough, add your burgers.

Cook on each side until golden brown.  Flip your burger and cook until golden brown on the other side.

Remove and place on a sheet with paper towels to drain any excess grease.

Serve on a toasted bun.

I then prepared Shrimp Remoulade Sauce as a nice topping to go along with the burger.

Please see my recipe for Shrimp Remoulade Sauce if you'd like.

Enjoy!

                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment