Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Simple Week Day Lasagna

Hi Everyone!

Has everyone on the Northeast recovered from the earthquake?  If not, I have some good comfort food to soothe you.  The only 2 people that I know that hate Lasagna are my husband Phillip and my son PJ.  My daughter Brianna and I absolutely looooove Lasagna.  This recipe is not very involved and is great for preparing during the week.  So, here we go!

You will need the following:

* Ronzoni Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
* Your favorite Tomato Sauce
* Mozzarella Cheese
* Ricotta Cheese
* 1 Egg
* Parsley
* Ground Beef (optional)

Preheat your oven to 350 degree.

If you want meat in your Lasagna, brown your meat.

Once the meat is browned, drain off the grease before adding your Tomato Sauce.  I prefer Prego which is very flavorful.  Combine and let simmer on low heat.  I like to add a little sugar to my sauce to take away any tart flavor.

In a separate bowl, mix the Ricotta Cheese and 1 egg.  Toss in a little parsley and mix into the cheese.

Grease your favorite dish.  Place a layer of noodles in the dish.  These noodles save soooooo much time.  I just can't tell you! 

Spoon the sauce on the noodles.  Now spoon in your Ricotta Cheese.  I like to place 4 spoonfuls on top and 4 spoonfuls on the bottom.

Sprinkle the Mozzarella Cheese on the layer.

Now, repeat the same order for every layer.

Place in the oven covered with foil and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until golden brown.

Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!
                                                             




No comments:

Post a Comment