Friday, August 26, 2011

Shrimp Puffs

Hi Everyone!

I'm here in the Northeast bracing myself for this massive hurricane.  The stores were crowded and crazy.  I haven't seen the stores like this since December 26, 2010, when NJ was struck by a blizzard.  Well, my friend Marian suggested that I try this recipe for Shrimp Puffs that she found.  The recipe was done by Guy Fieri of Guy's Big Bite.  I love trying other recipes as well as my own.  So, I will be posting both in the future.  Anyway, I was making appetizers for my daughter's field hockey party, so I thought that I would give it a try.  I changed the recipe a little since I made this on a whim.  I used Cheddar Cheese instead of Monterey Jack Cheese and onions instead of scallions.  I am going to go back within the next few days and try this recipe with the original ingredients.  So, here we go!

You will need the following:

* Ready to Use Pie Crust
* Shrimp
* Mayonnaise
* Cheddar Cheese
* Onions
* Dill Weed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease a non-stick mini muffin tin.

Roll out the crust and cut circles into the dough using a cookie cutter or small round glass.  Place the dough into the tin.

If you're using fresh shrimp, season, cook and chop into small pieces.

In a mixing bowl, add shrimp, mayonnaise, cheese, onions and dill weed.  Combine thoroughly.

Using a teaspoon, scoop the mixture and place it into the tin.

Place in the oven and bake approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Let stand for 5 minutes and remove from tin.  It's that easy!

Serve and enjoy!

                                                              


No comments:

Post a Comment