Monday, August 8, 2011

Potato Salad



Hi Everyone!

One side dish that I looooove with fried chicken, baked chicken, barbecued chicken and barbecued ribs is good potato salad. Potato Salad has to be made just right. The potatoes have to be cooked the right amount of time, they can't be too mushy and they can't be under cooked so that they're crunchy. Good potato salad can compliment any meal. A co-worker of mine gave me the ultimate compliment about my potato salad. She told me, "I've tried other potato salad, but once I had yours', I couldn't go back." I was really touched. So let's get ready to wow your guests at your next cook out!

You will need the following:

* Red Skin Potatoes (So creamy)
* Mayonnaise (I'm a Hellman's girl)
* Celery
* Sweet Relish
* Eggs (Optional)
* Yellow Mustard
* Dill Weed
* Salt
* Pepper
* Sugar

Peel and cube your potatoes. If you prefer the skin on, that's ok. Add potatoes to boiling water with salt. This is a good time to boil 3-5 eggs depending on how large your salad will be.

Boil the potatoes until soft. This could be anywhere from 15-20 minutes. You will notice that your potatoes will float when done. I suggest that you test them periodically. The texture should not be too soft or too firm. If they're too soft, you might as well make mashed potatoes. This happened to me the first time I tried making this.

While your potatoes and eggs are boiling, start chopping your celery. Put the celery aside in a bowl for now.

Once the potatoes are done, carefully drain and rinse them in strainer. Once drained, add to a large mixing bowl.

Peel and chop up the egg whites. Put the egg yolks in separate bowl and mash until powdery. Add both to the potatoes. Don't forget your celery.

Add about a 1-2 tablespoons of sweet relish.

A splotch of yellow mustard for color.

Add about 3-4 tablespoons of mayonnaise. You may want more or less. You be the judge.

A cap full of white vinegar.

Salt, pepper and sugar to taste.

Sprinkle some dill weed if you'd like.

Combine until thoroughly mixed together.

Chill for approximately 1 hour and serve. I like mine room temperature.

Serve and Enjoy!




                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment