Monday, November 21, 2011

Sease Fire Chili

Hi Everyone!

Today's dish is Sease Fire Chili.  I named this chili after my friend and co-worker Emily Sease who has a fun and spicy personality.  This is a quick and fun dish to make for dinner during the week.  Chili is another one of those dishes that I don't think has any rules.  You can add whatever you like.  I have to admit that I cheated by using prepackaged Chili mix.  I made 2 batches, one that is hot and spicy for Phillip, and another that is mild because PJ and I can't take the "heat".

You'll need the following:

* Ground Beef
* Chili Powder Mix
* Your favorite tomato sauce (I prefer Prego)
* Onions
* Red Peppers
* Orange Peppers
* Kidney Beans

Brown your ground beef in a large pot.

Once browned, drain off excess grease.

Toss in the Chili Powder Mix along with the tomato sauce and kidney beans, and stir.

Add the chopped onions and peppers to the pot and continue stirring.

Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.

I like to serve my chili over hot yellow rice with cornbread.  This makes for a great meal on a cold, winter night.  Oh yeah, and don't forget to top it with shredded cheddar cheese.

Enjoy!

                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment