Friday, September 9, 2011

Chilean Sea Bass with Marsala Sauce

Hey Everyone!

Happy Friday!  Tonight I was in Shop Rite at the Seafood counter perusing their selection of fish.  I wanted to make Phillip a fish that I haven't made before.  A long time ago we went to a French restaurant in Philadelphia called LeBec Fin, that has since closed.  Phillip went crazy over the Chilean Sea Bass, so I thought that I would surprise him by making it tonight, topped with a nice sauce.  So this is how I prepared it.

You will need the following:

* Chilean Sea Bass
* Olive Oil
* Your favorite seasonings

Before cooking the fish, I prepared the Marsala Sauce.

In a sauce pan, pour about a 1/4 cup of Marsala Cooking Wine, 1/4 cup of chicken broth and a scoop of butter. Whisk your sauce and let it simmer in the sauce pan.

Add chopped onions and mushrooms to the sauce as well.

In a mixing cup, add 1-2 teaspoons of corn starch with water. Mix until smooth and then add to the sauce pan still whisking the sauce until it thickens. If your sauce is too thick, just add a little chicken broth until you get the consistency that you like.

Now, wash and season your fish.  Rub olive oil into the fish and let it marinate for a few minutes.

In a hot pan with olive oil, carefully place your fish into the pan.

Cook thoroughly until golden brown on each side.  I cooked all 4 sides of the fish.

Once done, drizzle the Marsala Sauce over your fish and serve.

I posted pictures with and without the sauce.

Enjoy!


                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment