Sunday, August 14, 2011

Roast Pork and Gravy

Hello to everyone on this dreary, rainy Sunday afternoon!

On a day like this during any season, I like to make some good comfort food that makes you feel all warm and tingly inside.  Well, today's dish is Roast Pork and Gravy.......not from the jar.  When I saw this cut of Roast Pork Butt in the store, it just looked so pretty, I had to buy it.  I could already taste its' succulence before I made it.  This is a really easy dish to make.

You will need the following:

* Roast Pork
* Your favorite seasonings
* Flour
* Water
* Olive Oil

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Wash and season your meat. 

Grease your roasting pan and place the meat inside.

I used my favorites, which are Morton's Nature's Seasoning, McCormick's Montreal Chicken Seasoning....yes chicken, garlic powder, meat tenderizer and pepper.  Don't forget to rub your seasoning into the meat.  I also used olive oil as a rub as well.  Add 2-3 cups of water to the pan.

Place in the oven and cook slowly for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.  Remember to baste your meat as often as possible.  Basting makes the meat so moist and tender.

Remove from the oven once tender and golden brown.

Use your baster to remove the drippings from the roaster.  Put the drippings in a sauce pan, and put on alow flame to simmer on the stove.  In a measuring cup, add 2-3 tablespoons of flour with water, and stir until smooth.  Pour the flour mixture into the sauce pan and whisk until smooth.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Voila!  You've made gravy!

Today, I'm serving this with Scalloped Potatoes and Cabbage.

Enjoy!
                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment