Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Chicken Marsala

Hey Everyone!

Today's dish is Chicken Marsala.  My favorite place to eat Chicken Marsala is at Carrabba's because they grill the chicken which sears in the spices.  My friend Denise was kind enough to buy me the book Restaurant Recipes.  Now, I didn't follow this recipe to the letter......I never do with recipes.  I like to put my own spin on recipes, and you should as well.  We all have different taste buds, so what may taste good to you, may not taste good to you.  So this is how I prepared my version of Chicken Marsala.

You will need the following:

* Chicken Breasts
* Mushrooms
* Chicken Broth
* Marsala Cooking Wine
* Butter
* Cornstarch
* Parsley
* Olive Oil or your favorite cooking oil
* Prosciutto (optional)
* Onion

Season your chicken with your favorite seasoning.  I used Morton's Nature's Seasoning, McCormick Montreal Seasoning, garlic powder and pepper.  Rub the seasoning into the chicken along with the olive oil or the oil of your choice.

Place the chicken on the grill or if you don't want grill them, broil them until thoroughly done. 

While the chicken is cooking, start preparing the Marsala Sauce.

In a pan, melt about 2 heaping scoops of butter.

Add about 1/2 a chopped onion and saute' it in the butter.

Add 1/2 cup of Marsala Wine.

In a measuring cup, mix 2 teaspoons of cornstarch in 1 cup of chicken broth.  Mix until smooth before gradually adding to the pan.  Whisk the sauce while adding the chicken broth mixture to the pan.  Bring to a boil.

Add mushrooms and parsley. 

Season to taste.

Place grilled or broiled chicken breasts in the skillet and allow to simmer.

Serve with pasta, rice or potatoes.

Enjoy!

                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment