Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chicken Francaise Alla Adrienne

Hi Everyone!

I have been on such a chicken kick lately.  As I mentioned before, I could eat Italian food 7 days a week.  My friend Millie told me about this dish one day at work when we were talking about recipes.  Her dish reminded me of a chicken dish that I like at Sbarro's.  Millie proceeded to tell me how fast it was to make, and that her family inhaled the dish because they loved it so much.  So I decided to try it to and put my own spin on it.  It turns out, my family loved it too.  So here we go!

You will need the following:

* Chicken Breast
* Bread Crumbs
* Butter
* Chicken Broth
* Fresh Spinach
* Sun dried Tomatoes
* Mushrooms
* Onions

Wash and season your chicken breast.  Coat the chicken with bread crumbs.

Melt a generous amount of butter in a skillet and add the chicken breast.  Brown on both sides.

Add chicken broth and lower the flame so that the chicken can simmer and tenderize.  Turn the chicken periodically so that both sides can absorb the broth.

While the chicken is simmering, cut up your veggies and add them to the skillet.  Saute' the veggies in the skillet as well.  You'll notice that the broth will start to thicken from the bread crumbs.  I went a little crazy with the broth as you can see in the picture.  I love for the chicken to be succulent.

Anyway, once the veggies are done, serve with your favorite sides.  I love wild rice with this dish.

This is a great dish to serve the family.  While the rice or potatoes are cooking, you're simmering the veggies with the chicken.

To get a jump on things, marinate your chicken the night before, and then come home and bread it.

Enjoy!
                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment