Monday, January 16, 2012

I Have A Dream Rice & Black Beans

Hi Everyone and Happy Dr. Martin Luther King Day!

Today's dish has been named in honor of the holiday.....I Have A Dream Rice & Beans!  Brianna has been a vegetarian for 6 months now and this has presented a real challenge for me as a parent.  Phillip and I don't feel that she is getting the proper nutrition even though she has given up meat, so I have decided to prepare a dish that is high in protein.  I really winged it with this dish using some of Brianna's favorite veggies.

I used the following:

* Brown Rice
* Black Beans
* Tomatoes
* Celery
* Onions
* Canola Oil

I boiled the brown rice for about 45-50 minutes.

In the meantime, I chopped up the veggies.

Once the rice was closed to being done, I sauteed the vegetables and beans in a hot skillet with a little Canola Oil.

Then, once the rice is done, I add it to the skillet and continue to sautee'.

Lower the heat so that the flavors blend.

Season to taste with Morton's Nature's Seasoning, Mrs. Dash and Pepper.

Serve with your main entree' and enjoy!


                                                             

                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment